Mar 29, 2012

Pinwheel Baby Quilt

I made this quilt for my niece who had a baby girl.  I loved making this quilt, maybe because I love pinwheels :)
 The colors are vibrant, backed with the fresh white and the prairie points.
I used a charm pack of Snippets by American Jane.




I even did the quilting myself on my sewing machine :)


I backed it with soft chenille.


I also used this pattern to make a quilt for my grandaughter in a different color scheme.


I machine quilted this quilt also, the smaller baby size is manageable.  This is a Lila Tueller fabric.


The border has little pin dots which you don't notice in the large photo of the quilt.  I was able to quilt daisies all along the border.




I really like the green print on the back of the quilt.


The tutorial for this pattern can be found at Moda Bake Shop.

This quilt pattern was designed by Jodi at Pleasant Home.

post signature

13 comments:

  1. No wonder I liked it so much. It was made by Jodi! Thanks for the link because I need to make a baby quilt, and was looking for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fantastic quilts. I love them both. And the backing is wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! Love all of your color choices too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pin wheels and prairie points. So darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi would be so proud!... It's super cute Cynthia:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quilts are just sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would make more quilts if i could quilt them nicely. show us how you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making this quilt right now for my friend who is expecting her first!!! I do have a question... The instructions say to cut each 5" square diagonally and then sew the white and colour halves together... But couldn't I put a white square and colored square right sides together, then sew 1/4" on each side of the diagonal? I wouldn't get any bias stretching with my technique. What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love these quilts...going to make the boys each one...because I think I can get it done...maybe....haha! I have one of Lori's tractor done...maybe I'll make another and incorporate in. :) Thanks for all the idea's and I'll be back for some tutorials and more ideas. LOL!!! Love ya Cindy Lou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My computer updated itself and I lost the tutorial for this quilt. How or where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My computer updated itself and I lost the tutorial for this quilt. I can't find it again anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I can locate the tutorial? My fabric is ready to cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the link!
      https://modafabrics.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/pinwheel-baby-quilt/

      Delete