Oct 2, 2023

Gifts

My oldest grandchild has been called to serve a two year mission in Sapporo Japan.  He is going to preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, love the people and the culture and do as much service as he can.  I made him some gifts that I thought would be helpful. 

This is a Crosley pouch by Centerstreet quilts.  I chose this pattern because it is flat.  I handwrite almost 363 uplifting quotes, thoughts and scriptures and cut them into strips.  I slipped them into the pouch. The idea is that he can read one every two days and it will inspire him. He can share it with his companion, share it with his district or zone, decorate his wall with them, give it to someone or just throw them away. 

 

I also made him a sewing kit. I've made them for missionaries before, you can see them here, herehere and here. My son Sean said that the most important items to include in the sewing kit were extra white buttons for shirts and dark buttons for pants, thread and needle and safety pins.  I also included some iron on patches and of course scissors.

I also made Bridger (Elder Nielson) a monogram pencil pouch and some scripture covers made out of Japanese fabric.

I wanted to help Bridger and hope that he doesn't forget me after two years!  I know he won't, but you know what I mean ❤️


Thanks for following me, see you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment