Aug 12, 2024

Birthday banner

I've made over 30 of these fun birthday cake blocks!  It's designed by Lori Holt and she designed it to celebrate the first anniversary of her first quilt book, Quilty Fun.

You can see the post on her blog here. 

You can find the free block at Fat Quarter Shop here.


I add an extra 4" at the bottom of my block and appliqué 3" letters at the bottom. Then I add a 2 l/2" border around the whole thing. I outline the entire cake, plate and bow and then do staple quilting around it.


Here's a closeup, the background fabric looks like sprinkles :)


Here's Sabrina who will be 3 years old in a couple of weeks. Isn't she the cutest?
The banner idea is that it's put in a prominent place during the child's birthday month, so they can know that they are special!


Take a look at Riley's birthday banner.

Here is Kylie's, she's 11 years old now!

Here is Taylor's.

Here's a tutorial and Reagan's.

Here is Bridger's and Maisie's.

Here is Paisley's.

Here is Rebecca's and Isabel's.

Here is Charlotte's.

Here is Jacob's.

Here is Neo's.

That's about all I can find, but you see that I've made so many of them! Truthfully, I love choosing the fabric for them from my scraps, usually. They're fun to make for my children and grandchildren!  

Thanks for following and see you next week ❤️


1 comment:

  1. Sabrina and your birthday cake banner are adorable! She looks so sweet posing alongside it. I too made two of these, but for my sewing room, long, long ago. One is in Christmas fabrics that I exchange with the other one at Christmastime - for Jesus' birthday - the Reason for the Season :)!
    Love how you have made these for all of your grandchildren - so special!

    ReplyDelete