Aug 30, 2021

Savannah quilt

 For our 15th grandchild, I knew I had to make a cute quilt!  I think I made a cute quilt for each grandchild, but I designed each one with special care.  

Sabrina's nursery is green and peach, with a cactus theme.  I didn't have any cute cactus fabric, and couldn't find any online.  I decided to make a Savannah quilt with peaches, greens and black and white.  I know that babies like to look at black and white when they're newborns.


I had some panels left from a quilt I made of Gingiber fabric.

I didn't have a whole bunch left, so I really had to be creative.  The half square triangles are scrappy and I think it makes the quilt cuter.  All of the fabrics are animal prints and I know that my daughter in law loves cheetah print.


I bought a cute little soft elephant to keep with the jungle theme


Here is little Sabrina, she was born on Wednesday, August 25th. 
 I personalized the back of her quilt with her name.  I used Lori Holt's book "Spelling Bee" for the letters and I added an elephant label.  


I was able to find a shop on Etsy that sold some Savannah fat quarters, and I made some burp pads with soft milky on the back.


Here are some photos of Sabrina, fresh from heaven ❤️



Have a great week, I'll be spending some time with little Sabrina :)

Don't you just love her hair!


3 comments:

  1. Sabrina is such a sweetie - love that dark hair! Your quilt couldn't be sweeter either - love, love how it turned out - and the cute burp pads. Enjoy your new grandchild, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete