Aug 2, 2021

Temperature quilt

I'm making a Temperature quilt, using 2" X 3" triangles on a roll paper.  The first line on the left is January and then February, March, April, May, June and July.  The first day of the month begins at the bottom and works its way to the top.  The reason they aren't all the same length, is because some months are shorter than others.

I live in Arizona, so it doesn't get very cold.  January is in the 60's, with lows in the 30's and 40's.  The triangle is the high for the day and the two outside edges are the lows.  The pale blue, almost white color is rain.  If it rained in the day I made the triangle pale blue and if it rained at night, I made the two outside edges pale blue.  We don't get much rain, most of our days are sunny.  In July, we had quite a bit of rain during Monsoon season. When it rains in Arizona, everywhere floods because the ground is so dry that it can't absorb the water.  

I'm not really sure how I'm going to assemble this quilt when all the months are sewn, but I'll definitely share it with you :) 

 

1 comment:

  1. Good job keeping up with the daily blocks, Cynthia! Looking forward to how the year will look like when this quilt is done. I always find these temperature quilts interesting.

    ReplyDelete