Aug 7, 2013

Simply Retro, "Sweet Life" Table Topper WIP

post signature
We bought a new kitchen table, and I wanted to make a table topper for it.
I bought Camille Roskelley's new book "Simply Retro".


I decided to make "Sweet Life", a really cute pattern.
One of the things I love about this particular pattern, is that it really shows of your fabric.


I have a collection of Bonnie and Camille's fabric.
Conicidentaly, my kitchen is decorated in red and aqua.
These are my fabric selections.


I'm so happy that I'm dipping into my fabric stash!
That's the reason I have one, I'm not crazy about the fabric selections at the local quilt shops.  
I stock up on cute fabric when I visit my children in Utah :)
Here are the finished blocks.





The finished blocks are 18" square.
I'm looking forward to machine quilting it really soon :)


I wanted the middle square to be the focal point.
I fussy cut one of the fabrics and it was the perfect size!
Here's a closeup.
 It almost looks like applique, doesn't it?


I'll post more photos when I get the table topper quilted and bound.

5 comments:

  1. SEW cute....and inspiring !!! I have that book too, and that is one of my FAVORITE patterns. I know your tabletopper will be a lovely addition to your home. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Camille's Bliss fabric. Very cute pattern for a table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about it! I can't wait to see it finished! Such talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete