I showed you last week how I quilted in the ditch, and I think it makes the Union Jack blocks "pop". I was afraid that if I did an "allover" design, that I might ruin the look....just because I'm not that experienced in machine quilting :)
I went to town on the sashing, doing a jigsaw design. I tried to keep it as little and close together as possible. I love the results!
I started seeing double after a while....that's a lot of stitching!
I wanted something different for the border. I thought of flowers, but I did that once before. I practiced a pretty swirl design on paper so I could get the hang of the curve of the swirls.
It's hard to see on the white, but here are the swirls!
I'm pretty excited about the results. I guess it just takes practice :)
This is the quilt, completely machine quilted. I think it took me about 11 hours to quilt. An hour for each of the Union Jack blocks, 3 hours for the jigsaw quilting, and 2 hours for the border.
I always love to look at the back of the quilt, but don't look too closely! I really think that if my quilter didn't live in another state, I would have commissioned her to quilt my Baby Brit. Then again, she just quilted two quilts for me and the expenses do add up.
Next week I will show you how I bound this quilt and that will be the end of our Baby Brit quilt along :)