Sep 4, 2023

Quilt Retreat

 I went to a quilt retreat last week with some of my favorite people 💗

We bought the pink shirts for another retreat but decided to wear them to this one too!  One friend is a rebel and had to get blue, lol! The retreat was only around an hour from our houses and was in a nice hotel for an excellent price! There were 41 of us sewing in one of the conference rooms at the hotel.  We each had an eight foot table, so much space!  It was so much fun choosing a restaurant for our late lunch/early dinner each day.

Here we are at our sewing tables, my friend in the blue shirt left a day early, before we took these photos.


This is my second year going to this particular retreat called Peace by Peace quilters.  Everyone was so nice and friendly and it was great seeing them again after a whole year!


This is what I completed at the retreat.  Regent Street Union Jack quilt by Amy Smart.  I used my Ruby Star Society fat quarter bundle of Strawberry Friends, plus some extra fat quarters of trim fabrics.  I love the bright, happy colors!  I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to sew the sashing and the borders, I was hoping to complete the quilt top at the retreat.  I made a mistake in the final block and thought I had more fabric at home.  I didn't and had to piece meal the fabric together.


Guess what?  I'm going to another retreat this week, and am working on a different quilt top that I have all cut out.  I sure hope I finish it, that is always a great accomplishment.  It's for my husband for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment