Sep 11, 2023

Another Quilt Retreat!

I went to another quilt retreat, only 3 days after my last one! Lesson learned, I need at least a week between the two to recuperate!  I would never deny a retreat though :)  Meredith ( back row, middle) organized this retreat, it was at the Quilter's Nest in Payson, Arizona. She designed these cute "Farm Girls" pumpkin tee shirts to go with our fall theme.

Meredith gave us all a little kit to make this cute pumpkin pillow.
 


We thought it would be easier if we went to restaurants for dinner. This is our second night at a really good Mexican restaurant.  We all wore our matching tee shirts and some men thought we were part of a biker gang! 😂 Really??? One of the men took this photo.


Here's another photo of our quilting "gang"!


Nedra finished her cute Halloween bat quilt with the bright pink background.  I'm obsessed with it!!!  Notice the orange bats in two of the corners?  So cute!


Meredith finished her Farm Girl Vintage 2 quilt top.  She's had the beautiful blocks sewn since before Covid.  She pieced them all together, but forgot to embroider some of the blocks before she assembled the top.


Nedra sat right in front of me, so we could talk a lot.


This is my quilt, it's called Sonnet by a Crafty Fox.  I don't have the scrappy low volume sashing or the scrappy borders done.  That will be for another day because I have lots of gifts to make before I can finish this.


A good time was had by all!  Oh, the stories we could tell :)

What happens at the Quilter's Nest stays at the Quilter's Nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment