Jun 19, 2023

Works in Progress

It's summer and my 3 grand daughters who live 2 blocks from me, are off out of school.  I invited them over and made a picnic lunch of coconut açaí bowls with fresh lemonade, gouda cheese and Bugles chips.  


Below the fruit is coconut açaí, made of frozen bananas and frozen coconut milk blended together.  It's just like ice cream. I topped it with some chocolate granola and fresh fruit.  It was yummy! 
Then we went swimming in the pool, it was a great day ❤️


I shouldn't really include this photo, but I want to be real 😂
One of my favorite things to eat (not all the time...) is icing.  Yes, licking the beater and stealing a few finger swipes too.  I made a decadent chocolate cake for Father's Day, it was too tall for the cake platter cover.  It was 3 layers of chocolaty goodness!!! I'm sorry that I don't have a photo,  but here's something even better, the recipe! 


I finished my Criss Cross Star quilt!  I'm sorry but the big reveal is on Monday, July 10.  We are having a July 4th patriotic celebration at our Farm Girls quilt meeting that day.  Complete with hot dogs and all the trimmings that you would get a picnic. It will be so much fun!
Here's a teaser as I'm watching a Hallmark movie.  It was really good, The Wedding Contract.


Another teaser...


I've also been working really hard on a commissioned quilt.  Poppie Cotton block of the month for my friend.  These are all the pieced blocks, I have to add the sashing which is very intense.  Almost 300 
2 1/2" squares.  I hope to have it completed soon.  I spy another quilt at the bottom of the photo.


I have a lot of works in progress, and will show you as time allows.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment