Nov 6, 2022

Red Sampler quilt

This was a sew along on Lori Holt's blog Some of the blocks are 12" and others are 6". There were two or three blocks introduced every week for a year. The patterns came from four of Lori's books. Farm Girl Vintage, Farm Girl Vintage 2, Vintage Christmas and Great Granny Squared. I had to buy a few extra pieces of red but other than that, I used fabric from my Lori Holt scrap baskets.  I didn't have enough scrappy backgrounds, so I used a red Swiss dot that I had yardage of and it worked perfectly.


The quilt fits perfectly on the queen bed in my guest room.


The quilt is large enough that I sometimes fold the quilt back at the top to show off the beautiful background.

I love the all over flower quilting!


Here are a couple of closeups of the blocks.




I've always wanted to make a red sampler and this one is so interesting with all of Lori's happy blocks.



I bought this wideback print for the backing.


My quilt wouldn't be complete without one of 
Lori's cute labels on the back.





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt - love how big it is and that it fits on your bed. I still have my bundle of red fabrics waiting. Hoping to make a smaller version in the new year ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out SO pretty and I know you're very proud of it as you should be. It's definitely a treasure and that backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete