Sep 5, 2022

My Quilt Retreat

I went to a quilt retreat last week, Monday through Thursday.  It was only a 50 minute drive from my house but I still stayed at the hotel.  I shared a room with my good friend Nedra and we had lots of fun together.  We sewed and sewed and went to a nice restaurant every day. There were 41 woman at the retreat and it was great visiting and getting to know some of the ladies. This is me at my machine.  Everyone had a large Costco table to themselves which was really nice!

This was my view, sitting across from Nedra.
 

There was a sea of sewing machines in the. ballroom, quite a few of the women brought their embroidery machines along with their sewing machines.


We were just a block from a wonderful quilt shop called "Modern Quilting" where we saw and bought lots of gorgeous fabric!


I completed my Cabin Chills quilt. The fabric is designed by J Wecker Frisch. It's called "Old Made" and is all sewing related.  I fell in love with the quilt the moment I saw it, and bought the kit last year. 


Instead of the white background, I chose a gray fabric to make the quilt a little spookier.


I still have to do a blanket stitch around the moons and the windows.  I had my Singer Featherweight with me. It sews like a dream, but only does straight stitch.


I also made this little doll for Sabrina who turned one year old.


I attached a little tag on her back which says 
PS I love you.


Sabrina loved it!


I also made about 10 Halloween "Tell me a story" blocks.
The retreat was so much fun!  The ladies were all so lovely, we won lots of prizes and were given quilt patterns and all sorts of goodies.  
I sure hope to go on the retreat again next year :)



1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you had a wonderful time at your retreat! You got a lot of sewing done - especially love the doll for Sabrina - she looks adorable with her new found 'friend'! Enjoy your appliqueing on your quilt :)!

    ReplyDelete