Jan 23, 2022

Riley Blake Designs Block Challenge

 I wasn't going to join the Riley Blake Designs Block Challenge, but when I saw this beautiful block that Lori Holt designed, I couldn't resist!  It's called the Daisy Chain block. I went to my stash and thought it would be fun to use some of my Tasha Noel fabric.  Little flowers, toadstools and geese, just love all of it!

I made a mistake, but it was easy to correct :). Instead of just choosing colors and prints that I love for each block, I should have chosen the fabric for all of my blocks first.  I love these colors together in this Sweetheart block designed by Beverly McCullough.  


Lastly, is the maple leaf block designed by Kristy Lea.  I just had to make it in red, because in Canada, all of the maple trees turn a brilliant red in the fall.  I saw some scrappy leaves on Instagram that people created and really liked them too. Maybe I'll try a scrappy leaf and see how it plays in the quilt when it's finished.  I could use one of them on the back.


After I made the first three blocks, I decided to pull the fabrics I'm using in the quilt.  The blush pinks are a little off from the rest of the color tones but I think they'll still look really good in the quilt.  Everything can't be matchy matchy, or it won't be interesting.
Oh, and the background fabric is by Lori Holt, I think it's called posy.


The RBD Block Challenge is every Tuesday except for the last Tuesday of each month.  There will be 16 - 10" finished blocks. 

Block #16 will be posted on May 17.  Each block is designed by an amazing Riley Blake designer.  Even though I'm trying some new things this year, I can't stop quilting.  The possibilities are endless and so is my fabric!

Thanks for following along ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea using Tasha Noel Fabrics for these blocks. Also love your Canadian Red Maple Leaf block - warms my heart - a kindred spirit :)! I'm going to enjoy watching your progress on these.

    ReplyDelete