Jul 5, 2021

Sewcialites quilt

I love sew alongs, it's fun to see everyone's version of the blocks and I also work better when I have a deadline.  When fat quarter shop said they were doing the Sewcialites quilt along, I just had to join! 

I also met the deadline and finished the quilt top.  I used Bonnie and Camille fabric that I've been hoarding for ten years, lol!  The green fabric with little white dots is Pam Kitty fabric though, I just didn't have enough greens.  I tweaked the outer points a little, I made them look more like stars.  I also decided not to add a white border.



I think my favorite block is Lori Holt's toy sewing machine, it's red towards the bottom.  I really love the block underneath it too, with the heart inside it.  This quilt will probably go into my grandchildren pile.


1 comment:

  1. It is gorgeous, Cynthia!! Love how you made it look like a star burst - it changes up the layout beautifully. I too am partial to Lori's toy sewing machine block - and anything with hearts is special. Someone will be a very lucky person to receive this.

    ReplyDelete