Jul 19, 2021

Red Sampler quilt along

 I haven't shown you my Red Sampler blocks in a while.  They are from the Red Sampler quilt along designed and hosted by Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet blog and she's also on YouTube.

I watched Lori's YouTube video about her red sampler quilt along recently and was able to do the house block and the snowflake block the week before she posted them, but forgot to take a photo.  This is the third block from last week.

I only had fat quarters half yard pieces of some of Lori's red fabrics and I'm quickly running out of some of the prints. I love the leaf pattern below, it looks a lot like the Canadian maple leaf.


I don't know why some of this block is cut off in the photo...


I've gone through four different fat quarters of red and white gingham!







I've always wanted to make a red and white quilt.  It's amazing how much fabric it takes to make a 12" block too!  
Here are all the blocks I've made to date, on my design wall.  I have an extra 12" and also a 6" block, oops!  I'm sure I'll be able to use them somewhere.  I still have to add all the sashing around each block.  


Have a fun Quilty week :)


1 comment:

  1. So many beautiful blocks - I'm hoping to start some of mine during the summer - see how that goes :)! The maple leaf block above, also reminds of the Canadian Maple Leaf - I was so tickled when Lori designed that one. Have fun sewing this week, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete