Nov 1, 2020

Basket Sew Sampler quilt

 My 2017 Basket Sew Sampler quilt top is finished!  The pattern is from the 2017 Sew Sampler boxes from Fat Quarter Shop.  In 2017, I made 5 of the blocks, you can see them here.  I guess life happened, and I never finished the other 7 blocks.  The baskets are designed by Lori Holt.  My solid colored fabric collection isn't very big, mostly fat quarters or from leftover projects.  I decided to make the baskets out of solids and use different background fabrics for each block.  I made the 10 1/2" blocks, the quilt finishes at 56 1/2" X 71".  The quilt called for about 2 l/2 yards for the background.  I'm using fabric from my stash, and I don't have too many pieces that large.  Luckily, I found this Heather Bailey fabric from her Nicey Jame line and It adds a lot of sunshine!  It feels so good to see my stash slowly get smaller...


My friend took this photo of me in my sewing room, showing off the quilt.  I used a Michael Miller fabric for the inner border.  This quilt was a hip replacement recovery quilt, lol!  I still can't bend over to pin the quilt and prepare it for machine quilting. That time will come soon.

Thanks for much for following along!



1 comment:

  1. Love your sunshiny basket quilt - and your smiling face. The yellow print is just perfect for these flower-in-a-basket blocks.

    ReplyDelete