Apr 29, 2019

Stellar Stars

I belong to the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild, and this year's block of the month is Stellar Stars
 by Cristy Fincher @ Purple Daisies Quilting.
It's really pretty and very modern looking!


My friend Nedra and I get together once a month 
to make the block together.
I'm grateful that she's able to help me because some of these blocks are beyond my skill level.
January was the Limelight block, it was very easy!


February was Friends Forever, it was a little difficult...



March was Fire Flower, it was still easy because it was pieced.


April was the Mississippi Star, it was pretty difficult, paper pieced.


These are my Simple Sue blocks, made them with
triangles on a roll, the best invention ever!


 Here are my Ohio Stars, I'm behind one.
They're also made with triangles on a roll which can be 
purchased at Fat Quarter Shop.


Finally, my Flying Geese Sashings.
Once you get going, they are so much fun to make!
They're paper pieced.
I really love paper piecing, I think it's relaxing... 
(that is if the method isn't too difficult!)
I still need to make 8 more!



I'm excited to show you more progress as the months go by :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Cynthia!! Your blocks are coming along nicely - very nice prints and colours in there!

    ReplyDelete