Nov 2, 2018

Maple Leaf quilt block

Welcome to the Maple Leaf block quilt along!

You can get the block pattern free from the Fat Quarter shop here.
The block was really easy, just half square triangles sewn together.
It sewed together pretty quickly, which is always a good thing!


I wanted to sew four blocks, each in a vivid fall color.


I haven't enjoyed a beautiful fall season since I left Canada.


My favorite fall leaf color is red, Canada's national symbol.


My blocks are all sewn, I just need to sew them together.


Now I have a cute little table topper, it's all machine quilted.


Here's the fabric I chose for the back.
This was one of the first fabrics I bought when I began quilting, before I even had a fabric stash.


My little queen squirrel looks cute on my Maple Leaf table topper.


There's a fat quarter shop video tutorial on you tube for the block.
If you would like to purchase the quilt pattern, it's only $5.95 and you can buy it here at the Fat Quarter Shop.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my photos of the Maple Leaf block and thanks for visiting my blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Cynthia - and a lovely reminder of your Canadian heritage :)! I would still like to plant a Harvest Splendor, or Pacific Maple tree here. I miss these from our previous home. Their leaves turn such a vibrant red in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete