May 9, 2014

Out to Sea


I'm sorry that this little outfit is so wrinkly!
It's a button on suit that I made for my son Sean when he was 
18 months old, 20 years ago.


It's picture smocking, and the smocking plate is called 
"Out to Sea".
I made piping from the fabric that the knickers are made of.  


There are six buttons that go around the waist and keep the pants attached to the shirt which buttons down the back.


I really love the pleats on the shirt, underneath the smocking.


This pattern is called Chery Williams button on suit.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. My gosh Cynthia, where did you ever learn to sew like this. These outfits are just stunning. I have sewn most of my life and i could never begin to sew things like thee. The smocking is something i have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, you have a real gift with smocking and sewing. Your attention to detail and putting these details together is really superb.

    ReplyDelete