Aug 3, 2015

Sew together bag - modern minis

I've seen Sew Together Bags all over Pinterest and Instagram.
I always thought they were really cute and wanted to make one for myself.
I used fabric from Lori Holt's Modern Minis collection by Riley Blake, and I tried not to use "girlie" colors.
I tend to use a lot of pinks and aquas in my projects and I wanted this bag to be more neutral.
Modern Mini has lots of cute quotes.
I chose Bee Happy.


I chose Happiness is Homemade for the opposite side.


I used red mason jars on the sides.


I wanted the zipper color to pop from the binding.


Look how adorable the inside is!!!  
The 3 pocket linings are the bubble quote prints in orange, white and blue.
Each of the four inside pockets have a different print, and the side pieces both have a different print on the lining as well.


I embellished the inside with a cute label.


On the opposite side, I sewed a piece of spring green felt and scalloped the edges.


The inside of the bag can hold lots of goodies, including a large chocolate bar!
Most of the bag was easy and straightforward.
Sewing the pockets into the side seam was a little tricky, and sewing the tabs around the zipper ends was hard for me.
I found a tutorial that helped me, you can see it here.



The bag has so much room!
It can store sewing supplies, school supplies, makeup, or anything else you can dream up.


I'm going to make a lot of these Sew Together Bags for Christmas gifts, I just need more time :)
It looks especially cute with a little "scissors" zipper pull.


You can purchase this pattern as a pdf, at Craftsy.
You can also look at all the different sew together bags I've pinned on Pinterest.
If you want to see the bags on Instagram, search the hashtag #sewtogetherbag


2 comments:

  1. That bag looks so handy!!! Would be great for travels to keep craft supplies organized while in the car. Will have to check out the pattern. You do such nice work and your fabric selection is especially cheery.....Gotta have a place for the chocolate bar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cynthia, your sewtogether bag looks beautiful. Love your fabric choices, so stylish. I'm like you and sew with lots of pink. We are such girly girls aren't we.

    ReplyDelete