Jul 27, 2015

Ayumi's Lunch Bag, a new use!


I made a tutorial in photos for this lunch bag here.
We also sewed this bag at a Girl's Night Out, here.
This bag was designed by Ayumi from Pink Penguin,and her tutorial can be found here.
I made this bag for my granddaughter Kennedy, who will be turning 8 years old on July 19.
The bag is intended to hold her new scriptures :)
Kennedy's favorite colors are green and blue, and she loves anything fancy!



I love this bag so much, I want to keep it!
I know Kennedy will take really good care of it and she'll also treasure it.
There are a lot of cute scripture totes available, but she asked me if I would make one for her myself :)
Precious!!!



I chose the lining to match the outside, it's Amy Butler fabric, as well as the upper part of the bag.


The horse and lightning bug fabric are by Sarah Jane, her "Wee Wander" line.


I'm quite confident that Kennedy will like it, it's fancy!


Sometimes Kennedy may not want to use the upper drawstring part of the bag, and that would be perfectly fine....


How sweet is this little girl on her horse?
She reminds me of Kennedy and will remind her that she is capable of anything if she puts her mind to it.


I also made Kennedy a little folder to put some of her important church books in, a photo of the temple, some scripture highlighters,  a pad of paper and some gel pens.


I know that Kennedy can't join the Young Women organization until she turns 12.
The envelope fabric has the young women values which are, Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity and Virtue.
You're never too young to learn uplifting values :)


Kennedy was baptized last Saturday and looked like a princess.
 
I will show you photos next Saturday :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment