Jul 30, 2014

Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt Pattern


I just found out that my step mother in law's lymphoma cancer has returned for a third time....
She has opted to take chemotherapy and I want to make her a soft, cozy, snuggly quilt to wrap herself up in.
I wanted to finish it quickly, so I chose a simpler pattern which I found through the fat quarter shop, called "Lemonade".
You can find the free pattern here.
I have a Pinterest board named Lemonade, which you can find here.
The quilt pattern Lemonade is made from a layer cake.
I really like Lori Holt's "Millie's Closet", and I think Glenda would love it too.
She's a "vintage" type of girl, and appreciates that sort of thing :)
These are my favorite 10" squares, so I'm not going to cut them in half.


I sewed these 10" squares together and will cut the rows horizontally, to insert between my rows (above) of 10" squares.


I laid all my rows together and really like the way they look :)
Sorry about the yellowy night light....


Here is my completed quilt top.
I love it, with the pops of red and aqua amongst the greens, yellows and pinks.


I bought some soft minky in aqua, to back the quilt with, and Lori Holt's "Vintage Happy" to bind the quilt with.
I love red, and love the way a red binding can "pop" on a quilt.
I just have to get my Bernina back from the repair shop, it's been about 3 weeks and I really need it!


I highly recommend this free quilt pattern, Lemonade.
It was really fast to sew up, it just took me one 
evening :)


post signature




2 comments:

  1. I love your new quilt top for your step mother-in-law. What a soft and beautiful quilt to cuddle into especially at this difficult time. We will keep her in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fast & fun pattern. Your quilt top looks great with Lori's fabrics. Sorry to hear about your step MIL - prayers for Glenda. Hope you get your machine back soon so you can finish up this one. What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete