Dec 11, 2013

Memory Table Topper


My brother died of pancreatic cancer exactly 7 years ago today, at the age of 47. 
He left behind 5 children, ages 2 to 12.
I made them a quilt out of my brother David's shirts.


I have wanted to make my mother something with David's shirts.
This pattern is very easy and quick to sew.


I had enough fabric leftover to make my mother a table topper.


The table topper measures 24" X 24", a great size!


I love the finished product!
I think the border highlights the star, symbolizing my brother David.
He was a wonderful person and we all miss him so much.
Everyone who met David loved him :)


I pebble quilted the background fabric on my sewing machine.


I love the back of the quilt! 
My mother will be so surprised when she opens the gift.
Don't worry, she doesn't use a computer so she won't be reading this. 
I have enough fabric to make myself a star, and will get to that project after Christmas ♥


post signature

2 comments:

  1. what a great thing to do. I love this pattern also. I might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your family's loss. This is a great way to remember your brother. I know your family appreciates these wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete