Sep 26, 2012

Maisie and Benjamin

I have been staying with my daughter Rebecca, and son in law Dave, since September 6.  They go to the hospital to be with and feed Benjamin, and I am looking after Maisie and keeping the house clean.  Benjamin weighed 4 lbs. 15 oz. at birth, and is still in the NICU.  He is healthy, he just needs to do a few things developmentally, like nursing enough to gain enough weight and go home  ♥
Maisie is 2, and Benjamin was born on September 5, 8 weeks early.
Two kids with lots of personality, who still need to meet each other.


I made Benjamin a quilt, the fabric is really cute.  I bought the kit about 4 years ago and have been waiting for a grandson to make it for, all this time :)  Benjamin is our seventh grandchild, our second grandson.  


I fussy cut the little baby heads and they are surrounded with scrappy yellow and blue prints.  The border is a soft, soft, minkie, and so is the back.  Isn't the quilting beautiful?  I didn't do it, my friend Cindy did with her long arm machine.





I made little burp pads for little Benjamin and added some ribbon loops for him to play with when he gets bigger.


On the back of the burp pads, I put some really soft minkie.  The burp pads are 9"X14" and sometimes Rebecca covers up Benjamin with the burp pad because they are so soft and the perfect size :)


This is Rebecca with Benjamin on Sept. 8, 3 days after giving birth.


I made this little pendant banner for Benjamin's crib, so that there could be something homey and colorful in the room.
The pendants are 4"X6", and I put heavy pellon in the middle so they would have some body.


It is difficult for Rebecca when Benjamin's oxygen gets low after he nurses, and the buzzer goes off and the red light blinks.  The nurse runs into the room and tells little Benjamin to breathe.....It is a little disconcerting.....


This is Dave, holding his precious little Benjamin.  
Hopefully Benjamin will come home soon and Maisie will be able to meet her baby brother :)



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully beautiful Benjamin will be able to meet his big sis Maisie very soon! You made a darling quilt for the little guy. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the sweetest pictures! How cute that they let you put a banner across his monitors. He looks like he knows he is very loved already :)I hope Benjamin can come home soon.

    ReplyDelete