Mar 12, 2012

My Swoon Along

I love reading blogs because I get all sorts of ideas and inspiration from them. I was reading "I'm a Ginger Monkey" and saw that she was doing a "Swoon Along". I thought that would be a great quilt to use my
favorite"Sew Cherry" fabric by Lori Holt. I remembered that Lori had made a "Swoon" quilt with her "Sew Cherry" fabric and it really showed off the prints.  I carefully paired up my fat quarters until I was pleased with the look.


I took my paired fat quarters to show Katie at "Sew Katie Jean", a local quilt shop that I absolutely ♥.
Katie was really excited that I wanted to sew the "Swoon" quilt.  She asked me if I would like to teach the quilt class at her shop.  Wow, that would be so much fun!!!  I said yes and she told me to choose the fabric.





It was so much fun going through the shop, pairing up bolts of fabric!  The "Swoon" pattern uses 2 fat quarters per block and there are 9 blocks.  It also takes 4 l/4 yards of white fabric.
I went home with my fabric and sewed and sewed and sewed.  I completed the quilt in a week.


Here are the finished, quilted blocks....I absolutely love them!











This quilt was a lot of fun to sew.  The whole block consists of half square triangles and flying geese.  The blocks are about 24" each, and the quilt measures 81" X 81".  I am going to put it on the bed in my guest bedroom.  I'm sure it will bring "sweet dreams" to everyone who sleeps under it :)
I love the quilting, my friend Cindy quilted it.  She always does  spectacular work!  Don't you love the Heather Bailey fabric on the back?  Tell me about your experiences making the Swoon quilt, or if it is on your "to do" list, or what you think of my quilt.



I have a board on pinterest called Swoon which you are welcome to look at.  I pinned all the Swoon blocks and quilts that I found on the blogs that I follow.

My "Sew Cherry" is back on the shelf.  Sometimes it is really difficult to choose a project for your most favorite fabric.  I find it hard to cut up, I love it so much.  I'll let you know what I decide.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love your swoon blocks, I hope mine looks that good when I'm finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When some one searches for his required thing, so he/she needs to
    be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


    Also visit my page ... Renew Ecigs

    ReplyDelete