Sep 30, 2024

My trip to Missouri Star

We arrived in Hamilton in the afternoon, and I was able to go to a few of the quilt shops before we left for dinner. 


We spent two night in this beautiful bed and breakfast. The first day and night, we were there all by ourselves.  We woke up in the morning and our hostess Terri had a lovely breakfast waiting for us. This is the front of the house.


This is the side back of the house.  The floors were creaky because it was old, but everything was in outstanding shape!  The carpet was very soft, and the bathrooms were so well done! We were so comfortable there.  The second night, another couple arrived, but we never heard them and didn't meet them until the morning at breakfast. Terri was a wonderful host! She doesn't live at the house anymore, they have a beautiful home in the country, about 20 minutes away.


One side of the street had these shops. There are 16 total shops, each one having its own theme.


These are the shops on the other side of the street. Jenny and Ron Dean were struggling to raise their 7 or 8 children and make ends meet.  Their son Alan suggested that Jenny get a long arm machine and start quilting people's quilts to make money. Their house wasn't large enough for a long arm, so they rented a small shop. I should say that the population of Hamilton is only 1800 and hasn't grown in years. Alan also got his mom to do a YouTube channel with tutorials. They began with a few bolts of fabric. Jenny has a magnanimous and great personality, so people loved her tutorials. She found her own way to make quilt blocks which was a simplified way.  Slowly, they started to grown and now I think they said they employ 500 people. They have also become millionaires with all their hard work and dedication.


Missouri Star just celebrated their 16th year. I love all the painted murals on the walls. 


I bought some fabric, doesn't take long for the tab to grow!  The fabric was $11.95 per yard, and there was some sale fabric too.



I loved this staircase!  It led me to one of my favorite areas, the halloween and modern and children sections.


This shop was so unique!  It was all designed and laid out like a grocery store, so cute!  Fabric Market :) 


All of the notions were separated and sold by color.


This section had colored fabric, it was all Riley Blake.




I loved this button and clip bar too!


Jenny and her husband Ron are leaving this week for a two year church mission in northwest Africa. There have been lots of teary farewells.  Jenny says that she will only miss on Birthday Bash! Her daughter Natalie and daughter in law Misty will keep the YouTube tutorials going and Jenny said that next year's Birthday Bash will be better than ever!

I'm very grateful to my husband for taking me to Missouri Star. He was very patient and supportive of me. I love him dearly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment