Jul 29, 2024

Quilt Retreat

 I'm going on a quilt retreat in a few weeks. There's always a lot to do to prepare....I cut out this Reindeer Xing by Lella Boutique, to make at the retreat.  I cut the fabric up and I'll sew it all back together again, lol! I worked on the cutting for a few days. 

At this particular retreat, we can participate in a game and make something handmade. I made this one yard apron by Lori Holt.  I've made many of them, and had so much fun choosing some of Lori's Bake Sale fabric that I had in my stash. 

We bring our handmade item in a brown paper bag that is stapled shut and put it on the table.  Linda, our host, calls out a name.  We all watch and ooh and ahh as that person opens the bag.  The next person opens a bag and she can either keep her item or choose one that's already been opened.  The item can only be taken three times.  After that, it can't be traded anymore.  It's a really fun game!  Every year, at least one person makes a quilt for the exchange!  Really fun :)


I like to prepare in advance, because who knows what might come up at the last minute and I won't have time to finish my preparations for the retreat.  Besides, I'm really excited to go!  It's just an hour away and it's for four days.

I just noticed that I forgot to sew the jumbo rick rack to the hem of the apron!  I'll add it tomorrow.

Thanks for following me and have a great week ❤️

1 comment:

  1. That Reindeer quilt is one I would love to make too - enjoy, and have fun at your retreat, Cynthia! Your apron is so very sweet! Lori's Bake Sale was my first fabric line from her, and still holds a special place in my heart. Love all the prints you chose for this beautiful apron.

    ReplyDelete