Aug 15, 2022

RBD Block Challenge 2022

 I really enjoyed this quilt along.  I chose some Tasha Noel fabric, aqua, navy, green, pink and red.  I have a healthy stash of Tasha Noel, she's one of my favorite designers :)

For the background, I used one of Lori Holt's bee backgrounds, daisy pink.  I used a Kona pink for the Irish chain squares.


I was happily making all the blocks every week, and was all caught up.  That's the fun of a quilt along, to be on task and see everyone else's cool creations. Otherwise, I always feel like I'm lagging behind.

When I saw that the finished quilt was an Irish Chain design, I was really surprised!  So many squares! I chain pieced them....


...until I had a neat little stack.


Here are the blocks that I completed, and put on my design wall.  

I changed the order of the blocks a little. We had to add a block of our choice, of course I added the red maple leaf block.  

Here is the completed quilt top.  I really love it!  There is a lot of pink in this quilt but I think that it makes the blocks pop.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with this quilt or any of the others I'm making right now.  Maybe I'll amass another 27 quilts and give them all away to my kids and grandkids again.  Or maybe I'll tag each quilt for a great grandchild.  Even if I'm not around to give it to them, their parents can do the gifting for me.  
I'm excited to get this quilt quilted and will show you a photo when I do.  My unfinished quilt tops are piling up!


This is my favorite block in the quilt, the one designed by Lori Holt.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job, Cynthia! Love the pink Irish chain blocks - really does set off all the other blocks - and the red maple leaf in the centre is just perfect :)!!

    ReplyDelete