Oct 18, 2021

Silo Barn quilt

 I've made so many barns and silo barns from Lori Holt's "Farm Girl Vintage" book.  I made a quilt out of the "Quilty Barn" block, which you can see here.

June 1, 2015, I made the Silo Barn quilt, which you can see here and in the photo below.

 The Fat Quarter Shop and Lori are having a sew along called the "Quilty Barn" qal.  I knew this would be a great opportunity for me to get my little quilt out of the closet and machine quilt it, finally!!!


I machine quilted the quilt with a wavy stitch on my sewing machine.

This is the quickest sew along I've ever done!!! LOL


I backed the quilt with some chicken fabric which wasn't quite wide enough, so I added some apple fabric on the side.  

Chickens eat apple, right?  Chickens live in barns, right?

This quilt will be going in my grandchildren pile, it's #26.  I'm just making one more... That will be 27 quilts for 15 grandchildren to choose from.  I think that's a pretty good selection :)

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric stash must be amazing :)! Love the backing you used - with apple print on this sweet Silo Quilt! I'm hoping to sew along too. Love that you had a top all ready, just to quilt - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete