Oct 11, 2021

Chuckles Quilt

In August 2017,  my Sew Sampler box from the Fat Quarter Shop, had this cute pattern enclosed with a fat eighth pack of Elizabeth Haartman fabric.  I bought the Kona solid for the back (I liked blue instead of gray) and it was tucked away for all these years.  I used most of the fat eighth pack for the "Awesome Ocean" quilt that I made.  I just pulled some scraps from my stash and made these cute little fish.  It was surprisingly fast to make!  I used the wavy stitch on my Bernina 750QE and the quilt was machine quilted in no time at all. Well, it did take time, but not as much as other quilts :)



I found the cutest fish fabric for the back. I had to piece it a little but I think that adds character and interest to the quilt.


This is a much better view of the fish fabric, and the label I made.


Here's the quilt pattern, I love anything designed by Elizabeth Hartman.  This quilt is definitely going into my grandchildren pile!



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed making this pattern. Love the background fabric you used - so luscious and bright. This is going to be a real favorite when it is time to gift!

    ReplyDelete