Oct 12, 2020

Love & Stitches quilt along

 I saw this quilt along advertised on Instagram, and loved the quilt!  It has a modern flair to it and I love the bright, happy colors. 



My friend Nedra helped me choose the fabrics from my Cotton and Steel collection.  I've been dying for a quilt pattern to use my pretty fabrics.  The hearts are really big on the pattern, and there is curved sewing around the hearts.  I've never done curved quilting, but I sure have in garment construction.

The first week is choosing fabrics, and the second week will be cutting out the pattern pieces.

Follow @megancollins_a if you're interested in quilting along.

There is a giveaway every week :)


An update on my total hip replacement surgery, it went really well!  I barely feel any pain, such a contrast to before surgery.  I have my two week checkup with the surgeon on Thursday and will begin taking Ibrance again, the chemotherapy pill.  I'm really looking forward to walking and skipping and exercising and dancing again :)

1 comment:

  1. So, so happy and deeply thankful, that it has gone so well with your hip replacement. My husband went through total knee replacement on both of his legs, and has a new lease on life now. I have to slow him down on our walks now :)! Looking forward to your new quilt process. You have so many lovely fabric choices in there.

    ReplyDelete