Sep 14, 2020

Awesome Ocean

 I finished my Awesome Ocean quilt top, yay!

These are the cute little clown fish. I like the rick rack one :)



These are the little angel fish.
I like the subtlety of the white bubbles on the Kona oyster.


My friend made this quilt and she said that she logged 
more than a 100 hours!!!
As I was sewing the fish and the rows together, my pants were constantly covered in little threads 
because of all the pieces in each block.


Ta-da!
I was worried that the colors wouldn't blend and look hombre with each other, but I think they do.
I had a fat eighth bundle of Elizabeth Hartman's "Reef" fabric which was about 8 pieces 
that I got in a Sew Sampler box from the Fat Quarter Shop online.
Elizabeth Hartman's patterns are amazing, she tells you exactly how to place each block so that the colors will mesh.
I changed a few of the blocks because I thought they looked better.
Not the blocks themselves, but the colors.


I wanted to get a beautiful, soft minky for the back.
I kept looking at the blues, but there isn't a huge range of colors.
I decided on teal, hope it won't be too dark.


I'm going to machine quilt it myself, with a vertical seaweed looking design that I will figure out how to do!


I hope you enjoyed my "Awesome Ocean" journey.

Which block is your favorite?

Have you seen Elizabeth Hartman's new dinosaur pattern?

It's so cute!!!!



1 comment:

  1. What a labor of love, Cynthia! Each block is cute. I hope to do her rabbit and dachshund one someday. Love Elizabeth's patterns. She was one of my first inspirations with her cute cat face blocks. Enjoy your quilting!

    ReplyDelete