Feb 3, 2020

Stellar Stars

I belong to the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild,
and last year I joined their block of the month quilt,
Stellar Stars.
(I don't know why it says 2018!!!)


This quilt pattern is not for the faint of heart...
This block wasn't too bad, I used the Lori Holt applique method.
(of course!)


This block was paper pieced, not too bad...


This block was also paper pieced, a little more difficult.


This block was paper pieced, I really enjoyed making this one.


This block was paper pieced, it was super difficult!
I actually made it twice!!!


This block was pieced, but....
luckily my friend Nedra gave me the measurements 
or I couldn't have made it.
The directions could have been in Greek!!!
I have no idea how it happened, 
but the block measures an inch bigger than it should be!!!
I just can't remake it!


I laid all my blocks out, they really are beautiful.
There are a million flying gray geese, all paper pieced.
I really enjoyed making them.


  The quilt top needs to be finished by this Saturday,
for our meeting.
I think there were only about 5 of us that made this quilt,
and I really want to show it off,
it was an advanced pattern.
 Nedra and I got together monthly to work on our blocks together.  
She was a great help to me, but I got behind quite a few months 
due to extenuating circumstances. 
 The blocks I showed you are ones that I had to make on my own.
Here's a photo of Nedra and I, maybe as far back as July!


Next week I'll have a photo of my finished quilt top.
Have a great week!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome blocks, Cynthia! My hat off to you, for persevering with them. This quilt will be a treasure to display once finished.

    ReplyDelete