Sep 5, 2014

Table runner


When I was visiting my son and his family, I noticed that my grand daughter could use a table runner on her bedroom dresser which was white and needed some color.
I have the cutest pattern made out of a charm pack, or 5" squares.
Every other charm square is cut in half to create a piece 2 l/2" X 5".
Pink is my grand daughter Neo's favorite color, so I chose the "prettiest pinks" for this project.


My little 3 l/2 year old darling loves princesses, so I added this fabric onto each end along with some jumbo rick rack.


I sashed the charms with Kona white and began quilting.


I straight stitch quilted l/4" inside of each square and rectangle.
I used a wavy stitch in the middle of the white sashing.


Once I finished quilting, I used Clover clips and hand stitched the binding, one of my favorite part of the quilting process.
I enjoy sitting and hand stitching.


My table runner is finished, yay!!!


This binding was left over from my paper doll quilt that I finished last summer.



This is the back of the table runner that I pieced.
On each end is fabric with princess dresses and crowns.
The table runner is reversible for a different look.




 All tied up with a bow and sent in the mail :)
Now onto another project I promised another grand daughter.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love how your wavy quilting adds to the whole pretty table runner. Binding.....can be my sore point. Though once I get going and can finish I'm O.K., but any interruption - and it is hard to get back to - I just get too antsy to start the next sewing project while I'm binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just adorable! You are so productive and creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete