Nov 22, 2013

Paperdoll Quilt, Finished!


It's been almost 5 years, but my Paperdoll Quilt is quilted and bound and finished!!! 
It is so difficult to get a photo of a quilt, have you ever tried?
Do you have any tips for me?
This is a full view of my quilt before it was quilted.
This post will show you how beautiful Cindy Paulson quilted my treasured Paperdoll Quilt!
Here are the paperdolls, in the center of the quilt.
I love the "pebble" quilting on the "paper doll" block.
I also think that the vertical quilting behind the paper dolls really shows them off.



I want to mention that the paper doll quilt is lying on a bed with a quilt on top of it.  
You may notice the quilt underneath at the edge of the paper doll one.  
Do you notice the quilted flower vine on the polka dot border?



Cindy quilted "x's" in every single 1" square!
Don't you love the little pom pom trim added inside the binding?


It just turned out so pretty!



Little dainty swirls, enhancing the hand embroidery.
I love how the quilting makes the suitcase look even more vintage.








The kite looks like it's in motion :)


Cindy is always so careful  not quilt over my embroidery, I completely trust her with my quilts!




She quilted around the embroidered sprays of water from the hose, to complement the embroidery :)




Thank you for letting me share my quilt with you.
I'll take a photo of it hanging on the wall after Thanksgiving.
I think it's sort of Christmasy with the paper dolls on it.
It reminds me of little girl things like "The Nutcracker" and sugar plum fairies dancing in my head.  Lol!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the patience you have in order to do a quilt like this! Cut-out dolls were my FAVORITE Toy when growing up - I could play for hours. This quilt just reminds me of those wonderful days - you did a superb job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing quilt, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in absolute awe!! Really Cynthia, it's an incredibly detailed work of art. What kind of label did you put on the back? Your quilting lady is incredible as well :) I love how she added all of those special effects and that she appreciated all of your hard work . Kudos to you both!!

    ReplyDelete