Jan 11, 2013

Needlebook Tutorial

Before I begin this needlebook post, I need to say something to any of you who might be looking for my "paperdoll quilt" post.
Due to Christmas and a new grandbaby and life in general, I am not able to finish the paperdoll quilt at this time.  I will dedicate Friday's post to that quilt asap.  

I saw this sweet little needlebook on Nana Company quite a while back and pinned it to my "Want to Make It" board on Pinterest.  
I love every single thing that Amy creates :)
I finally got around to making one and I had so much fun making it!
The tutorial is here.

I loved choosing vintage fabrics and cute little embellishments for this project.  I made it as a gift for a young woman who loves ♥ Anthropologie.  I tried to make it as interesting and unique as possible.  Notice  all the details?


I added a double pocket on the back side of my front cover.
I made it more of a sewing kit that a needle book.




I originally had silver safety pins here, but I found some pink ones at JoAnn's and used them instead.




This is my favorite page!
Leaf pins, velvet rick rack with little x's embroidered on it.
Sparkly buttons with two trims of ribbon.  
I like the swatch of linen that the needles are pinned to.




I added another pocket to the back cover.




I chose each little square with great care!




The back cover looks cuter with some hand stitching.




The needlebook is smaller than it looks.  It is only about 3"X4".
I was able to squeeze all of these supplies into the needlebook/sewing kit.
I loved making this little needlebook and would like to make some more for my daughters  and daughters in law, all 5 of them!
Oh, and one for me too!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me! This is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, love that you added a pocket, too. I should do that next time.

    ReplyDelete