Aug 8, 2012

Peppermint Pizzaz, quilted!

I wrote about this "Peppermint Pizzaz" table topper here,
 a few weeks ago. 


This is what I need to machine quilt, the foot, my grippy gloves that make my arms tense :) and of course my quilt.  
I think it took about 5 hours to quilt.


There, it's all quilted!


Now I cut off the batting, flush with the edge of the quilt.


Sew the binding on.


Handstitch the binding onto the back of the quilt.


Yeah, it's finished!  Always a great feeling :)


I wanted the peppermints to stand out a little, so I machine quilted in the ditch.  I quilted jigsaw shapes on the rest of the quilt.


I stitched in the ditch with the pinwheel stars, and the squares outlining them.


I just love the fabric I chose for the back, and I love the horizontal striped binding.


Quilts always look more beautiful after they are quilted :)

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! I do love that stripey binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And I don't like peppermints (to eat) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you design this one Cynthia? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that last comment was from me!
    marianne

    ReplyDelete