Aug 24, 2012

Paperdoll Block

This block reminds me of doing dishes when I was a teenager, and also when my children were given the chore assignment when they were growing up.  If I had pretty accessories like this, it may have been more enticing!


I love how the dustpan matches the apron with the velvet blue rick rack, outlined with 2 narrow little rows of yellow rick rack, all sewed on by hand, rick by rack :)  The red strainer brings back memories, but ours was always white, never a pretty red.
Each of these pieces of fabric was appliqued, using the needle turn method.  Very time consuming, but very rewarding!  Notice the bristles on the bottle cleaner?  The red embroidered lines on the broom took me a while and I was thankful when I completed them!
I love this block, it makes cleaning the kitchen fun!!!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I want a red dish drainer like that. I'm serious. I've been looking for one!

    ReplyDelete