Sep 1, 2014

Coin Quilt


My daughter Lindsay made this pretty coin quilt for her best friend and I offered to quilt it for her.
I laid it on the floor and pinned it before I quilted it.


The light on my machine is really bright!



Since the quilt is "scrappy", I thought the binding would look pretty scrappy as well.


I think the finished quilt looks really cozy :)


 Here's a closeup of all the pretty scrappy fabrics.
Do you recognize any that you have in your stash?
As I sewed, some of the fabrics took me back to the time when my daughter and I went to quilt shops together.
I quilted l/4" inside each side of the vertical sashing.
I quilted a wavy stitch down the center and across each of the horizontal rectangles.


This is my favorite place to photograph my finished quilts, on the tree in our backyard.



I love the back, and Lindsay put some coins at the bottom too.


 The quilt's in the mail, Lindsay will be excited to see it :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and what a wonderful gift!! I love the quilting stitches you chose... Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt from all those little Fabric pieces. Reminds me of the verse in my Sewing Room - "When Life hands you Scraps - make Quilts". I really love the quilting you did on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this quilt your daughter made for her friend is fabulous! What a thoughtful and loving gift. I would like to make a similar one and as I am a very new quilter, I would be grateful if you could give me the cut dimensions of the coins and stashing used. Many thanks - it is beautiful, Sue

    ReplyDelete