May 7, 2012

Swoon Quilt class

I wrote about the Swoon quilt that I made in my very first post on this blog.  

Part one of my Swoon quilt class was Saturday at Sew Katie Jean.





We had a lot of fun together, talking, laughing and getting to know each other.  Oh, and we sewed too, of course!  
This is Kristin, she is a really good friend of mine. 


These are Kristin's fat quarters that she is using in her quilt, with Kona white for the background.  Her colors are all off white prints. I think she is very creative to think of this combination.  The colors are so simple but will be very rich looking together.



Our goal was to finish one block today.  I love Kristin's block!  She is going to put the finished quilt on the wall behind her couch in the family room.




This is Lydia, she is an instructor at Sew Katie Jean.  Lydia signed up for the quilt class as soon as she saw my finished Swoon quilt.  She loved the color combinations so much that she chose the same ones for her quilt with a few exceptions.



I asked Lydia if she comes to Sew Katie Jean very often.  I was referring to the sewing room at Katie Jean's.  She said, "I used to come all the time until my husband showed me the visa bill."  lol



Here is Lydia's finished block.....beautiful!  Two of my favorites, the pink polka dot is Children at Play by Sarah Jane and the flowered fabric is Ruby by Bonnie and Camille.




We meet back together to finish up the quilt in a month.  Their assignment is to make 2 blocks a week, and finish cutting the white for the sashing.  It takes about 3 hours to complete a block, including cutting the fabric.  To be continued.......



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased the Swoon pattern, and look forward to (hopefully) working on it soon. Such a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a successful pattern. I think it speaks to everyone. I love the color combinations from the very light to the very "me" of Lydia. Perfect every one.

    ReplyDelete