Apr 4, 2012

Grandmother's Quilt

This pattern is from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, August 2004.  I fell in love with it.  I was going to make it with two other friends but we were working on other projects together.
It is called Peekaboo Redwork.
I call it my "Grandmother's Quilt", because when my grandchildren come over to our home, they can snuggle in it.
I think the embroidered pictures are so cute, they look just like coloring book illustrations.


Notice the cat at the bottom of the quilt?  That is where the name "Peekaboo" came from.  There is a bear, a dog and a little boy peeking out from different squares.


I bought the red prints on the Wasatch Front Quilt Shop Hop, in Utah.  It is way more fun to go shopping when you are looking for something specific.



The quilt is backed in soft chenille.
I didn't quilt this myself, I thought it would be too difficult with all of the embroidery.



post signature

4 comments:

  1. I just came here through fresh-squeezed fabrics link on facebook. I love your Peekaboo quilt! I haven't done much quilting myself but love looking at all the many faceted designs. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Cynthia! I love red and white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - and what a great treasure for your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete