Apr 29, 2024

Regent Street quilt

I made Amy Smart's Regent Street quilt pattern from Ruby Star Society's "Strawberries and Friends" fabric line.  I found Ruby Star solids to accentuate all of the strawberries.  I love it so much! 

The Union Jack flag used to also be Canada's flag until 1967 when Canada turned 100 years old. Then Canada chose the red maple leaf from sea to golden sea.  It was really difficult trying to draw the Union Jack flag as a child because the lines are different widths!   

By the way, the quilt behind me is mine too.  You can read about it here.

It's such a great feeling to finish a quilt after you've spend so many hours on it, and loved it along it's journey from start to completion!


I took my finished quilt to the park to photograph it, but it was way too windy and the sun was just going down, casting a beautiful golden glow on it. 



Have a great week and thanks for following ❤️






1 comment:

  1. Little QuiltsongMay 3, 2024 at 1:48 PM

    Beautiful quilt, Cynthia! I didn't know that the Union Jack was also a Canadian Flag until 1967. I need to check my history :)!

    ReplyDelete