Feb 4, 2024

Stronger Together

 

I'm sewing along with Fat Quarter Shop.  In recognition of Black History month, Fat Quarter Shop asks a designer to come up with a quilt design.  This year the quilt honors little Ruby Bridges, who at 6 years old, walked through a mob of people to go to school.  I gave my daughter a children's book years ago, about Ruby Bridges.  I have loved Ruby Bridges ever since!

I'm making the quilt from Art Gallery fabric, Flower Bloom.  It looks 60's style and has a little girl theme.

This is the block for week 1, a square in a square. It shows the whole line of fabric, which I really love! I will be posting a new block every Thursday on Instagram and Facebook, so stay tuned.


This is what the quilt looks like, it's just 48 X 48.

I'm also making a heart pouch for every grandchild, for Valentine's.

These pouches are very easy and addicting to make!  They are by Center Street quilts on Etsy. I love the bright orange heart charm :)



I only need to make 3 more, maybe 4 or 5.  I like to have some on hand in case I need a gift for someone special.

Thanks for following along, I'll see you next week ❤️

1 comment:

  1. Your cute, cute heart pouches are so super sweet. What a wonderful idea for Valentine's Day! You have also chosen a beautiful line of fabric for your quilt. I am hoping to make a few of those blocks too.

    ReplyDelete