Feb 18, 2024

 I'm teaching my grand daughter Kylie, who just turned 11 years old, to make a quilt.  I felt that she is old enough to use the rotary cutter 😩 and she's very careful :). Kylie chose squares from my large stash of 7" squares. Then she cut strips from white fabric and subcut them to the correct size.  it took one and a half sittings to cut all the background pieces.  She thought the cutting was very boring and wanted to get to the sewing! She chain pieced and really liked it!



Kylie chose the quilt "Framed" from the book Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley.

Meanwhile, Kylie's sister Izzy was supposed to be finishing up her embroidered butterfly.  This girl really loves color and really really loves puzzles!  She became entranced in sorting my notions into color order.


This is what she did....



I can't bear to use either one, for fear of messing up her neatness!

I hope we can get together this week, it's so much fun having them over :)


2 comments:

  1. They are so lucky to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzy is a person after my own heart! I love sorting things too, little magnets - my alphabities - my little clover wonder clips all are in colour order :)!
    You are so wonderful to teach Kylie sewing, Cynthia - that is a wonderful art to pass down to your grandchildren. Enjoy your sweet grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete