Aug 7, 2023

Dinosaurs quilt

 I worked every spare moment and many, many hours and I finally finished this Dinosaurs quilt by Elizabeth Hartman. 

Have any of you every made one of Elizabeth's patterns?

You don't buy a pattern, you buy a book!!! Her directions are so easy to understand although each dinosaur has so many pieces! Like 50 pieces sometimes! You have to really pay attention and practice a lot of patience.

The pattern book has the twin size quilt on the cover. It's so pretty with all the beautiful, bright colors.  I wanted to make a baby quilt, so I decided to just use blues.  Half of the dinosaurs were a darker blue and the other half were a lighter blue.  Elizabeth made it very easy for color placement.  She tells you where to put the dark colors and where to put the light colors. 


I just love this little quilt!


I found the perfect backing fabric for this baby quilt, little skeleton dinosaurs.  So perfect!!!


I was able to machine quilt the Diosaurs with a wavy stitch on my machine.  I had a difficult time choosing the background.  I thought it was ugly by itself, but worked so well with little dinosaurs.

Thanks for following along!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt turned out beautifully!! Love the size of it and the colourway you went with. This is one pattern of Elizabeth's that I don't have yet, but our little grandson loves his dinosaurs, so we shall see :)!

    ReplyDelete