Jun 20, 2022

Silent Night

 At the Farm Girl Chicks quilt group which I belong to, we have a "show and tell".  One week last year, Meredith showed the most beautiful quilt!  It spoke to us so much, that 6 or 7 of us bought the fabric in the quilt shop that very day, to make the quilt.  

It's called "Silent Night" and the fabric line is Christmas Morning by Lella Boutique for Moda fabrics.  

The quilt reminds me of a "silent" Christmas Eve, when the snow is falling and everything is crystal white and pure.  A Christmas Eve I haven't experienced since I've been married and living in the USA.

It also reminds me of another Christmas Eve story as told in the book, "Silent Night, Holy Night", 

"December 1914 was grim for the thousands of soldiers who had dug into the frozen trenches on either side of Flanders Field. What lay between them in the early months of the First Great War was a field of sorrow--No Man's Land--littered with barbed wire and decaying corpses.  But somehow amid the fear and anger, a miracle occurred.  As Christmas Day approached, the weapons of war fell silent, men ventured out of the trenches, gifts were exchanged, and the sober duty of remembering the dead commenced.  For two days, the spirit of Christmas filled the air, and a remarkable "Christmas Truce" brightened spirits.  When night fell, and that memorable Christmas slipped into the past, one last sound broke the silence:  a chorus, from either side, singing in native tongue, "Silent Night".

I think that's such a beautiful story and to me, this quilt reminds me of everything that is cherished on Christmas Eve.

I had a difficult time taking photos, lol!  These two photos were taken indoors and are too dark.

This photo was taken outside, the colors are true but the photo is terrible!!!


I watched the "Fat Quarter Shop" YouTube video on Friday, June 17 and Kimberly mentioned that there will be a new fabric line of Christmas Morning that will pair with her original fabric.  Here's a photo of the pattern cover.


I hope you enjoyed my post and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading about this from the First World War. Love this pattern and your quilt is so beautiful with these fabrics. I might have to add this to my to-do list. Love it!

    ReplyDelete