May 2, 2022

Stay Gold panel quilt

 My friend and I are making this quilt together.  We haven't sewn together in a month but so far, we each have 10 blocks made.  We are only making 20 blocks, four across and five down. The fabric line is called "Stay Gold" by Ruby Star Society.  I think it's such beautiful fabric, I would really love to buy some more!  

I think we're kindred spirits!!! The fabric and I!


Here is my design wall and all the blocks I've sewn sew far.  We are using the large Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler, making it so fast and easy to sew the blocks together.  If you haven't tried it, you should! On my ironing board, I have the rest of the blocks cut out.  I was having a great time choosing two fabrics for each block, but towards the end, I wasn't having as much selection.  I bought some selected fat quarters and some yardage (1/2 yard each) of three big prints. I should have bought a fat quarter bundle....


The fabric actually has some metallic gold in most of the prints.


Each quilt panel is 2 yards and comes with 40 designs.
I used most of the vintage prints.  The designs I didn't use, were birds, butterflies and flowers.  I would like to use them for a different project.
I love pens, so this choice was perfect! 
(cute and smooth writing gel pens)


Love, love, love this typewriter!!!


I love this vintage picnic basket and accessories!!!


LOVE ❤️ 


I'm really looking forward to finishing this quilt, it might take us another three sew days because well...we talk a lot! 😂

Projects that I have on the go (WIPs) aka works in progress:

- Riley Blake Design Block Challenge (I'm about 3 or 4 weeks behind)

- Fat Quarter's Heartfelt:  I have April's blocks cut out but not sewn.

- Silent Night, just need to cut the sashing and sew the blocks together

- Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild quilting bee:  still need to paper piece April's block and finish cutting my blocks out for the month of June.

- My Adobe Illustrator goals have been on the back burner, I need to set aside time to work on that. 😩

I finished my "secret sewing" quilt and another commissioned quilt 🎉

Have a great week and happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I love all those centre fabric pieces too - typewriter, pens etc. This will be a beautiful quilt when finished. Enjoy your sew days, Cynthia :)!

    ReplyDelete