Jan 3, 2021

Quilt Goals

Some of the quilters I follow on social media have inspired me to set some quilting goals for 2021!

Below are all the quilt tops that I need to machine quilt.  American Patchwork and quilting has a UFO Challenge that you can print.  I've done it in past years but never followed it very strictly.  Every month they choose a number and you are supposed to complete the task for that number.  I don't know if I'll follow it that closely, but my goal is to machine quilt one quilt every month.  I have all the backings, I just need to buy the batting.  Most of these quilts are going in my"grandchildren" pile, for them to choose one quilt each, beginning from the oldest right down to the youngest.

Writing these quilts down is going to motive me to get them done!

I wrote down all the quilts I finished in 2020, there were 14!  Some of the tops were already done, I just needed to get them quilted, and others I finished the quilt tops.

I also wrote down my "dream list", quilts I'm working on, and some I want to make.  I may not have a goal list, but I think this is a good start.


 I'm very tempted by quilt alongs, I'm currently doing three.  Grassy Creek quilt along by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville, Sewcialites by Fat Quarter Shop, and My Best Friend's quilt along by Kimberley Jolly and Lori Holt.  There are others I'm interested in too.

Happy New Year to all of my followers!

1 comment:

  1. The Scrappy Project Planner by Lori Holt is my favorite book to write everything down in. I'm slowly getting to some of my dream list quilts :)! You have done very well with your list. I so enjoy this quilting journey. Wishing you a Happy New Year - and lots of fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete