Jul 13, 2020

Bee Patriotic Quilt Finished!


I machine quilted and hand sewed the binding on my
Bee Patriotic quilt!
I'm adding it to the stack of quilts for my grandchildren.
I think this is number 5, and I need 14!!!
That doesn't include the ten quilts I have hanging in my closet,
waiting to be machine quilted, lol.


I really love the back, with my cute little cottage label.


I used one of Lori Holt's 108" wideback fabrics, Vintage Bee.
It was so nice, not having to sew a seam down the center of the back.


I used Aurifil white thread 50 wt, to machine quilt.



The quilting really shows up on the red!


I used an old fabric called "Little Apples" by Aneela Hoey.
for the binding.
She is one of my favorite designers, but I don't think 
she designs fabric anymore.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my finished quilt,
thank you for following :)

2 comments:

  1. Very, very cute with the red border and sweet label on the back! Yay, for wide backings - I love that too, whenever possible for my bigger quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great job Grammy!! Your quilts are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete