Jun 22, 2020

Bee Patriotic Sew Along, week 3


I'm loving this sew along, is anyone else following along?
This is my Shine block, I enjoyed making the hourglass blocks.


This is the Snowflake block, it looks like a firecracker!


This is the Reindeer Hooves block, it looks great in this color combo :)


I started cutting the borders for each block in the background color,
but found out that I didn't have quite enough fabric.
I can't run to the fabric store, because I live too far away from one.
I did the only thing I knew how, I pieced the border sashings together until I had enough...it shouldn't be very noticeable, 
because the sashings will only be 1" wide, finished.
Has anyone every done this before?


1 comment:

  1. Each of these is a favorite block. Lovely Cynthia! Yes, I too have done that numerous times with my borders and sashings. Hope you can make it 'stretch' :)!

    ReplyDelete